Blue drusy and sterling silver ring created by Diane Barnes in our silversmith class
"CRYSTAL 'N' PEARL" PENDANT -
Jill's beautiful pendant combines
the classic look of pearls with the flash of crystals in a right angle
weave pendant. Class fee for the January 28th class is $15 and class
size is limited. Supplies are not included, but the class discount
applies to supplies purchased for the class, except sterling silver and gold filled.
MARLIE'S MAGICAL SPIRAL -
If you have a lot of seed beads left over from a project or two and a strand of those dang chips that you never could figure out how to use, this is the class for you! Marlie will show you how to turn those leftover seed beads and those pesky chips into a gorgeous bracelet (which could easily be turned into a necklace) in this class. Marlie's schedule varies, so call for class dates. Class fee is $35 and does not include supplies. Class discount applies to supplies for this class, except sterling silver and gold filled.
VIKING KNIT BRACELET - In this class, you will learn how to make a Viking Knit bracelet. Class fee is $30 and does not include supplies needed. Supplies needed are 1 spool of 24 gauge wire, 1 pair of cones, and 1 clasp of your choice. Class discount applies to the supplies for this class, except sterling silver and gold filled.
"LUCKY CLOVERS" BRACELET - We have obtained permission from Rachel McEnroe to teach her Right Angle Weave bracelet called "Lucky Clovers". "Lucky Clovers" was featured in the April-May 2011 edition of Super Beadwork in the bonus Quick & Easy section. The bracelet uses 4mm crystals, 6mm pearls and 11/0 seed beads to create a flashy and elegant bracelet. Class fee is $15 plus materials. Class discount applies to anything purchased at registration or the day of the class - EXCEPT class fees, sterling silver or gold filled items.
"NIGHT ON THE TOWN" BRACELET - We have also obtained permission to teach "Night on the Town" designed by Julie D'Amico-Beres which was featured in the bonus Quicjk & Easy section of the June/July 2011 Super Beadwork magazine. This is also a Right Angle Weave technique with netting, but uses 2 needles, 15/0 seed beads, 8mm crystals and 10mm glass pearls. This gorgeous bracelet would definitely dress up an outfit for a "night on the town". Class fee is $15 plus materials. Class discount applies to purchases made at registration or on the day of the class - EXCEPT class fees, sterling silver or gold filled items.
- Our silversmith classes cover all ranges from beginner basics to advanced techniques. Our instructor is Dennison Tsosie, "The Navajo Silversmith". Dennison learned silversmithing from his grandfather. He began at the age of 8, pumping the bellows for his grandfather's forge. His years of experience have taught him patience and attention to detail - hallmarks of fine jewelry making. His exquisite work has been exhibited in galleries and shows across the Southwest. The classes consist of 3 5 hour sessions, either Tues - Thursday from 10 am - 3pm or Weekend 2 Saturdays from 10-3 and one Sunday from Noon - 5pm. Class fee is $225 and includes the copper for the beginning students and use of the tools/torches, etc. There is a class discount, but the discount cannot be applied to the class fee, sterling silver supplies & findings or gold filled beads/findings.
- taught by Jill. This simple technique is versatile. It can have a casual look with seed beads and simple findings or it can become elegant and sophisticated with a different choice of seed beads and adding accents such as pearls and focal beads. Cost is $35 plus materials and there is a class discount on the day of the class.
- Free form wire wrap your own stones or cabochons. Pam
teaches basic wire wrapping (hippie wrap and cabochon wrap) to create wrapped cabochons as well as bracelets, earrings or rings. There are 5 different wire wrap classes. Classes are approximately 2
1/2 to 3 1/2 hours and students will leave with at least 1 finished item. Most classes will have 2 or more completed projects. Class fee is $37.50 per class and includes silver plated and gold plated or colored wire, accent beads and use of
our tools. If you have a project you'd like to do, let us know.
- taught by Jill - this ancient Japanese weaving technique has become increasingly popular with beaders over the last few years. This class takes 2 1/2 to 3 hours from start to finish, including the time to string approximately 9' of seed beads using bead spinners. Class includes use of our loom and bead spinner in the store. Class discount does not apply to purchase price of a loom. Class fee is $35.00 and does not include materials. This class is available as a private lesson on your schedule - please call for information.
SILVER METAL CLAY
- will be taught by Polly Hayes. Create jewelry of pure silver that looks like it was cast
using impressions of just about anything! Silver Metal clay is finely ground silver imbedded in an
In just a few minutes, you
have a molded, modeled or carved image that can be fired with a torch or in a
This is a marvelous new medium to enhance
all of your jewelry designs.
You will be
Learn the techniques of making your own creations by sculpting and shaping Art Clay Silver. Polly is a popular instructor and has taught at the Apache Junction Multi-generation Center. Her classes fill quickly. Class fee is $65 and includes the clay and use of the tools.
BASIC STRINGING AND OTHER BEADING TECHNIQUES
- cost of this class is FREE!! (Not including materials, of course.) Learn how to do a crimp correctly or master that pesky gallery wrap technique to finish your earrings with a professional look. Learn the difference between .018 flex wire and 18 gauge wire and which one is best for your project. When are the classes scheduled? Whenever you have an hour or two to play with beads - just stop in and say, "How do I make a ... (fill in the blank)?" or "Will you help me ...?". No reservations necessary, as long as there isn't a class using the worktable. Beginners are our specialty!
- gather up your old, outdated or even broken beaded jewelry, chains, etc. Get a few friends to do the came and come in prepared to create new wardrobes of updated and one of a kind jewelry - made by YOU! No charge, except for materials used. Call Deb to reserve workspace. Class discounts may apply.
HAND FABRICATE METAL INTO FASHIONABLE JEWELRY
- by Polly Hayes Using copper, brass and silver you will design and make
All fabrication will be
done by hand. Cutting, filing, hammering, polishing and cold connections.
You will be amazed and excited by this old
craft. Class Fee $35 plus materials.
BRACELET and EARRINGS - taught by Polly Hayes. You will be working with wire and a few basic tools to make this showy sterling silver bracelet and earrings. Class fee is $35 plus materials. Instructor will provide the tools needed for the class. NOTE: Materials prices will vary depending on the price of silver at the time of the class.
another class taught by our "Metal Maven" Polly Hayes. Design and create your own jewelry from coiled wire using a special
tool. You will use Copper wire and will
have the use of the Coiling Gizmo,
provided by the instructor.
Class fee is $25 and does not include materials.
by Polly. This is an ancient technique where jump rings are made into chains.
These lovely bracelets can be enhanced
by your imagination.
This class will be making the byzantine pattern.
$35 Class fee does not include materials. You decide whether you want to use copper, sterling or plated jump rings.
OPEN BEADING - EVERY DAY - ALL DAY - FREE!!!
(Unless classes are scheduled,of course.) You are always welcome to bring in your project and work on it, get feedback from other beaders and have fun. Spend as little as a few minutes, or hang out for an hour or two! Deb's even been known to share popcorn or ice cream bars or call out for pizza during open beading sessions.